Children's Faith Team
Our Children’s Faith Team is a democratically elected group of children from Year 1-Year 6. They may be from different faiths (and of none) and they meet Miss Dryden regularly to represent their peers in issues connected to Collective Worship, Church Services, Prayer areas and the Religious Education Curriculum. They help plan and lead worship, though not exclusively, as lots of children like to help with this.
Our Faith Team benefits the whole school as it gives opportunities for the members to communicate feelings and opinions from the whole school community.
Ways that the Children’s Faith Team have impacted on school life include:
- Planning and Leading Collective Worship on occasion
- Planning and Leading Church Services once a term
- Planning how to advertise the Prayer Space sessions and timetabling for its use.
- Suggesting themes for the Prayer room prayers
- Assessing how well Class Prayer Areas are used and suggesting themes for them in conjunction with their class teacher.
- Assessing enjoyment of how Religious Education is taught and suggesting further ideas to engage.
- Choosing hymns
- Helping to write a leaflet about St Matthew’s Distinctive Christian Values that will help families to understand our school
- Speaking at the Adult Faith Team during the year
- Choosing charities for us to support each year
The aims of the Children’s Faith Team are:
- To promote your views through discussion about the issues raised
- To help the people who make decisions in the school understand and respect your point of view
- To enable you to have experience of representing your class
- To promote the school’s reputation and to maintain the school ethos
- To participate in planning and leading Collective Worship and Church Services which reflect the faith of the School.