Home Science and Engineering Challenge 4
Explore the concept of magnetic force through an object, and how we could use this force to create a little magnetic maze game.
- a paper plate (or thin piece of cardboard)
- Items to decorate (crayons, pencils, markers)
- small steel balls (or other small steel objects)
- a magnet
- Design your maze! It doesn’t really matter what shape, as long as there is a clear path to follow. A squiggly line works well, as does a spiral.
- Put a steel ball on the maze side of the paper plate, and the magnet on the other.
- Move the magnet underneath. Magnetic force will make the ball move too!